Attribution model types
There are several types of attribution modeling in advertising:
- Last-click: gives all value for ad interaction to the last-clicked ad channel.
- First-click: gives all value for ad interaction to the first channel a user clicks on.
- Linear: share value for ad interaction equally across all ad interactions on the path.
- Last-click non-direct: gives credit for ad interaction to the last touchpoint that customers click before converting.
- Time-decay: share value for conversion equally across all ad interactions on the path but gives more credits for ad interactions that happened closer in time to the conversion
- Data-driven: share credits for the conversions based on using data to calculate the actual contribution of each ad interaction across the conversion path.
- Position-based: share 40% of credit to both the first and last ad interactions and 20% of credits share equally across the other ad interactions on the path.