We are going to speak about the most contradictory social network today. Large brands spend more than $100,000 on advertising on this network. The USA tried to ban this social media site (spoiler: failed). Can you guess who we’re going to be discussing? Of course, it’s TikTok. Let’s examine why brands should choose TikTok for advertising.
TikTok is a platform for short videos. The main goal of TikTok is to capture and show creativity, share important moments, and spread knowledge across the world. TikTok’s become the world’s leading destination for short-video entertainment.
TikTok is owned by Chinese IT company Bytedance. The social network was created as Douyin in 2016. It was crazy popular in China, so Bytedance decided to launch an international version of Douyin — TikTok. Afterward, Bytedance spent up to $1billion to buy the video platform Musical.ly in 2018. It was the right decision, which helped TikTok to unite users from the USA, Europe, and China.
TikTok is a mobile app with a convenient interface for users. The app includes five sections: the main page, the “For You” page, a button for adding a new video, notifications, and a personal profile. TikTok is available for Android and IOS.
WHO USES TIKTOK
The social network has become viral and gained millions of users all over the world. TikTok is the most downloaded app on the Apple App Store. The average user spends more than 60 minutes a day on the app.
TikTok’s audience is international. The app is used in more than 150 countries. So it helps reach a diverse audience through TikTok ads. Especially if we speak of over 1 billion monthly active users. Other social networks report about 500 million monthly active users.
Leave the stereotype that TikTok is popular only with children and teenagers. Millennials and Gen Z like the app too.
TikTokers are very active, curious, and creative. TikTok calls its users “Gen T.” Gen T are contradictory, involved, and extraordinary people. Users love content about fashion, sport, media, humor, beauty, activities, etc.
True, average users are tired of ads. In fact, almost every advertisement can be annoying and rapidly scrolled past without any conversion. But since the TikTok algorithm is exceptionally sharp and shows what people want to see, users treat ads on TikTok well. They perceive ads as native content, so advertisements of the brand are always welcome. According to BussinessofApps, 21% of TikTokers share information about the brand or products shown on TikTok. Instagram and Facebook have less success with this mark ―15% and 12%. What can it give for an advertising campaign? If we add a high level of involvement to concernment, then we will get the opportunity to catch more interactions for the same budget.
WHY IS TIKTOK GETTING POPULAR WITH ADVERTISERS
A lot of people have already heard about TikTok and might be using it to relax. More and more advertisers have already used TikTok to market their brand. The founder of the app considered everything possible to make marketers interested in the app. And they succeeded. What can TikTok offer?
- Audience. They are loyal and involved. Neuro-Insight (a neuromarketing and neuro analytics company) has researched how advertising affects consumers on both an emotional and subconscious level. Research gave powerful insights. TikTok videos are hyper-relevant and more engaging. Let’s take, for example, approach and engagement. If we speak about these dimensions, then TikTok shows 44% and 15% stronger than social media on average in accordance. So TikTokers have good relevance to branded content and advertising: they’re following, watching, sharing, commenting, buying.
- Content. TikTokers might see ordinary users as well as brands on the “For You Page.” It means that users of TikTok don’t only consume the content of people they follow, but they browse videos that are suggested by the genius TikTok algorithm. Branded content works might show for users through the algorithm too. That’s what makes TikTok so cool for marketing purposes.
- Target. TikTok allows brands to target specific audiences based on attitudes, passion points, and shared interests instead of demographic data only.
- The setting of advertising is simple through a business account. It consists of three steps — choose a purpose, audience, and budget. As a pleasant bonus, the algorithm of TikTok optimizes advertising campaigns for purposes
- You can choose how you will be pay. TikTok offers CPM, CPC, CPV, oCPM (optimized Cost Per Mile) models.
- Brand Safety. TikTok creates a safe environment for brands and users. Safety is approved TAG Brand Safety Certified.
The audience of TikTok permanently grows. So the quantity of potential customers of brands increases too. For example, TikTok annual users were 65 million in 2017. Nowadays, TikTokers are more than 1 billion.
TikTok is suitable for advertiser from B2C segment. If a brand is about beauty, fashion, sport, media, development, and education, or the brand has something to show and tell, then go for it.
TikTok is the most promising social network for advertising. You can find an active audience, different advertising tools, and engaging formats of advertisements on TikTok. What can we say about the effectiveness of advertisement on the app? Let’s get to know in the following article.