Weekends spent in the malls and happy people with bags full of designer brands now look like flashbacks from the past. Almost as far back as the dinosaurs. Just a joke. But we should notice that every trick has a sliver of truth. Why don’t we go shopping to spend free time with friends anymore and how does modern shopping look? Let’s find out.
Online shops, delivery, VR, marketplace, and of course m-shopping — all these things have made our purchasing experience more quick, comfortable, and affordable. A powerful boost to the popularization and spread of m-shopping was COVID and the forced lockdown when people worldwide simply didn’t have any other way to buy something. The rules for using public places are still changing, so the relevance of the new shopping format is not decreasing. Moreover, for some, it is no longer an alternative but a full-fledged way.
One evidence of the popularity of online shopping is the interest of the older generation in gadgets. Today we cannot say that online shopping and smartphones are only for Gen Z. The age of smartphone owners continues to rise, and developers of mobile shopping apps create user-friendly designs to engage them more.
WHY ARE WE FOND OF M-SHOPPING?
- you can buy everything here and now
- there is no pressure or awkward moments with the shop assistant
- you can cancel a purchase at any time
- price comparison and the ability to choose the most profitable offer
- all the shops are available in one place
- an endless variety of products in different price categories
- saving time and money on the way to shops
- no queue
- you can pay for purchases directly in the application
A MIX OF TRADITIONAL SHOPPING AND M-SHOPPING
Of course, society will not soon be able to abandon physical stores completely. It is sometimes pleasant to go shopping. You can get acquainted with the products tactilely or try on something right there. And consumers mix these two ways of shopping.
Find some items on the Internet, research reviews, comprise prices and go to the physical shop to see the product with their eyes. It also happens the other way around: when a product of the required size is out of stock, order it online, or if prices on marketplaces are more profitable. According to Inmobi, users of the brand’s official apps are 19% more likely to visit a physical store than those who don’t.
SOCIAL MEDIA AS A PLACE FOR M-SHOPPING
According to DataReportal, 98.8% of social media users access mobile phones and spend about 2 hours 25 minutes daily. And, last but not least, 44.8% of them use social media for brand research. Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook already have a buy button to make purchases immediately. Social media have a vast and diverse audience of different ages, preferences, and needs.
How can you keep track of discounts, special offers, and new collections if a brand doesn’t have an app or social media page? The modern user wants to own information here and now, and mobile applications provide this opportunity. Also, do not underestimate the importance of social networks in communication between brands and customers.
WHY SHOULD BRANDS INVEST IN A MOBILE SHOPPING APP?
The modern user is demanding and spoiled. We don’t want to take anything with us except a mobile phone and keys, but even those can be replaced in some cases by a digital variant. It’s all about credit cards, cash, discount cards, and promotional brochures. And the mobile app is an excellent way to avoid such discomfort and headache.
Inmobi’s recent research presents exciting facts: users who have downloaded the brand’s mobile app are more loyal and spend more time researching the brand because they have constant access. 86% of shoppers say their trust and loyalty to the brand grows when they see promotional offers in the mobile app for their favorite products. And that’s not all the reasons.
- Brands and consumers are always in touch. It allows brands to explore their needs and preferences and consumers always have up-to-date information about offers.
- Based on user behavior, it is easier to create personalized offers and anticipate audience desires.
- In-app advertising has a lot of advantages over desktop (more about in-app ads here).
- Users take a few devices at the same time. For example, they watch TV and look for something or chat. The same happens while working on a computer. Therefore, mobile advertising improves the results of the advertising strategy.
- The mobile version of the site has already lost its relevance since it is an inferior inconvenience compared to the application.
Smart and small-sized devices continue to occupy the world with high speed, convenience, and affordability. And they are unlikely to retreat even a step. Get in touch with your audience and go m-shopping! Meet mobile shopping because it offers new and modern decisions not only for shoppers but also for brands.